Winkel Horn, Fr. (1845–1898),
writer, literature historian, translator, Denmark.
Project Runeberg has published the following works by this author:
Frederik Winkel Horn, Danish writer, born 19 Jul
1845, died 17 Nov 1898. Started out in archaeology, but turned over
to the history of literature. Since 1892 he was the editor of
Hagerup's Illustreret konversationslexikon.
Translator from French to Danish, active 1871-1898.
- Peder Syv, 1878
- PhD dissertation
- Mennesket i forhistorisk tid, 1878
- Den danske litteraturs historie, 2 vol., 1881
- Grundtvigs liv og gerning, 1883
- Biography of N.F.S. Grundtvig
- Den ældre Edda, 1869
- Translation to Danish (from Old Norse) by F.W.H. of the poetic
- Billeder af livet paa Island, 3 vol., 1871-1876
- Nordiske heltesagaer, 1876
- E. Bellamy, Anno 2000-1889, novel, 1889
- Translated to Danish by F.W.H.
- Saxo Grammaticus, Danmarks
- Translation to Danish (from Latin) by F.W.H.
- Ludvig Holbergs levnedsbreve, 1897
- On Ludvig Holberg
Find other Nordic Authors named Winkel Horn,
others born in 1845
or deceased in 1898.
Look for more information in
Det Kgl. Bibliotek,
Project Runeberg, 2007-06-11 16:41 (aronsson)