Laxness, Halldór (1902-1998),
Halldór Kiljan Laxness, born April 23, 1902, died February
8, 1998, is the most important figure of modern Icelandic literature.
In 1955, he received the Nobel Prize for literature, "for his vivid
epic power which has renewed the great narrative art of Iceland".
- Halldór Kiljan Laxness, The Nobel Foundation
- Halldór Laxness, Kuusankoski Public Library, Finland (via Internet Archive, as of January 2013)
- Laxness, Halldor, Litteraturpriser ved Niels Jensen
- Laxness, Halldor, Bibliografi.dk
- Halldór Laxness, English Wikipedia
- Halldór Laxness, deutsche Wikipedia
- Halldór Kiljan LAXNESS, esperanto Vikipedio
- Halldór Laxness, íslenska Wikipedia
- Halldór Laxness, norske Wikipedia (bokmål)
- Halldór Kiljan Laxness, polski Wikipedia
- Halldór Laxness, svenska Wikipedia
Find other Nordic Authors named Laxness,
others born in 1902
or deceased in 1998.
Look for more information in
Project Runeberg, 2005-04-30 23:06 (runeberg)